Dolton’s Family and Community Bike Ride
Join Us for the ‘Village of Dolton Family & Community Bike Ride’ on May 18th!
● The Village of Dolton’s Family & Community Bike Rides are for everyone!
● All ages and skill levels are welcome!
● Any type of bicycle is welcome!
● They are designed to be events the entire family can enjoy!
The pace of the ride will be slow to ensure that all members of the riding group are safe. Additionally, the slow pace gives riders a unique perspective of our great village and those who live here. We all want a peaceful, safe and unified community. The Dolton Family and Community Bike Ride provides another opportunity to meet and greet neighbors, elected officials, department heads, share ideas, and it is also a nice way to get some exercise!
● The June 22nd Dolton Family Community Bike Ride begins at the lot located on Greenwood Road and Chicago Road at 6PM.
● It is suggested that you arrive a bit early (5:30 – 5:45 PM) in order to conduct a pre-ride safety inspection on your bike.
● Those who wish to participate can either ride their bikes to the staging area, or place their bikes on their vehicle’s bike rack and park on the lot located directly to the south of the staging area.
● The route moves south on Greenwood Road, then across 154th Street to the Dorchester Banquet Facility. The distance one way is approximately 2.5 miles and will take around 15 to 17 minutes.
At the Dorchester, we will enjoy refreshments and a light snack. After some mixing and mingling and a few announcements, riders will retrace the bike route returning to the lot on Greenwood Road and Chicago Road, retrieve vehicles and disperse.
●Total round-trip bike route is 5-miles with ride time estimated to be between 30-35 minutes.
Spread the word and come out for this great FREE, FUN, FAMILY EVENT!