Dolton’s Fire Department Hiring
JOIN THE TEAM! JOIN THE VILLAGE OF DOLTON’s FIRE DEPARTMENT
Village of Dolton
c/o C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E.
Personnel Testing Service
Starting Salary: $44,660.90
Sworn Officers: 25
Application Deadline: 5/24/17
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Dolton are now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
Testing is being conducted for the need to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
The Village of Dolton is a thriving community, boasting close to 25,000 residents. They are located approximately 23 miles south of Downtown Chicago, and has often been referred as the “Gateway to the South Suburbs,” Dolton is one of the premier communities in the south suburbs.
The Dolton Fire Department consists of competent and valued professionals who are dedicated to providing life safety, emergency services, and educational programs for the protection of life and property within the community. Their mission is accomplished by holding devotion to duty above personal safety and comfort, continually challenging their members to enhance the quality of service provided, and working closely with the entire community in order to insure that they are meeting the needs of the citizens in the Village of Dolton.
The Fire Department provides firefighting, fire prevention and EMT services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is a full-time department housed at 14022 Park and 830 Engle Place.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 5/24/17 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Dolton FD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21stbirthday and be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (5/24/17) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement
- Residence: At the completion of the 12-month probation period, applicant must have established their residence within 22 miles of the nearest corporate limit of the Village of Dolton, IL
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing
Applicants who have a CPAT Card from a certified testing agency issued between the dates of 11/24/16 and 5/24/17 will not have to take the Physical Test on June 10, 2017 (NIPSTA, SUFD, Central Illinois Fire Chiefs Association, and Naperville are all certified locations).
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet
which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Dolton Fire Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the
mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation, Physical Test and Written Examination
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Registration 7:30 A.M. – 8:00 A.M.
Orientation – 8:00 A.M.
Physical Test and Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
The Dorchester Banquet Facilty
1515 East 154th Street
Dolton, IL 60419
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Dolton, IL which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
INFORMATIONAL PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE
AT THE DOLTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Please contact Sherry Hatcher-Britton
Administrative Assistant to Dolton Fire Chief