The Department on Aging connects older adults and adults with disabilities to resources and assistance for living safely with independence and dignity.
The Department on Aging is one of the states designated Aging and Disability Resource Center for Dolton. We provide information and resources for senior and adults with disabilities. We also help their families and caregivers. We can connect you with local resources like elder care, adult day care, housing assistance, home care, meals, house keeping, legal assistance, personal care, and even volunteer work. We are one of eleven regional Area Agencies on Aging in the state of Illinois.
- Community Care Program (60 and Older, Medicaid Waiver)
- Adult Protective Services (60 and Older, Disabled 18-59)
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (60 and Older, Disabled 18-59)
- Home Care Ombudsman Program (60 and Older, Disabled 18-59)
- Benefit Access (65 and Older, Disabled 16-64)
- Older Americans Act Services Program (60 and Older)
AREA 13 Suburban Cook County
Senior Health Assistance Program (SHAP) Offices offer you information and free help filling out applications for senior programs.
SHAP is located South Suburban Senior Services of Catholic Charities at 15300 South Lexington Avenue, Harvey, Illinois.
For any questions, Contact them at:
P: (708) 596-2222
F: (708) 596-6746
Take Charge of Your Diabetes – Webinar – July 13th